Saturday, May 2, 2009

trillium
















Out with the old and in with the new,
It’s time for the spring renewal.

Complete new plumbing end to end,
A father son project prepares the cabin
For the next decade to be enjoyed
With in line hot water showers.

A fresh set of storage batteries
To hold the photovoltaic charge,
New LED lights brighten up
The corners and recesses.

The hammock will soon swing
On the new back porch.
The cabin will soon extend and enlarge
Into something we imagine.

I love this place
And most of all I love sharing it.
I love knowing I will be here when I am gone
And it is passed to you and yours.

I take a short walk up the stream
Past the main waterfall, past the upper pool
And chance upon an expanse of trillium flowers
So rare, so crimson, such passion.

The water caresses the smooth rocks,
The sunlight ripples in the lens of gentle waves,
Such exquisite beauty all around,
With the great expanse of summer ahead of us.