Sunday, May 24, 2009

memory day bike and row




























Enjoying the passage of time

What a wonderful place to be.
I feel young. It is an unexpected delight.
Who would have thought
Here’s the fountain of youth.

“Do you have room in your life for someone else?”

Strange how the question comes up
When I was asking myself the same question.
I like so much in my life today.
Is there a way to be with you and not lose that?

Making the trip down out of the mountains

I am gliding along the country road
Following the contours of the land
Following the stream then turning
Powering up and over the height of land.

I know the way by heart.

Later, just in front of me on the escalator down
A small child stumbles and I reach to hold her up.
I am a stranger to her. I talk to her gently.
My daughter compliments my parental response.

All the children are my children in my heart.