Tuesday, April 28, 2009

everything is everything




Five drake mallards paddling aligned with their wave
As if these ducks were invited to some male bonding ritual
As evening approaches after a delightful warm spring day
And April first blossoms are giving way to the coming of glorious May.

What’s missing from this picture?
Where are their mates? Hidden away.
Sitting somewhere nearby on their clutches.
This is the nesting season when what is not seen is what matters most.

I am out for a bike ride along the familiar route
Along the tidal creek out to the shores of the estuary
Enjoying the sights and sounds and smells,
Enjoying my energy and movement and meditation.

The perfume of the blooms reaches me as I glide past in a moment of bliss.
And all along the way the birds call out in their spring songs.
I hear robins, cardinals, red wing black birds, blue jays, too,
And some I don’t know and can’t see, always the mystery.

Such a sensual pleasure it is to be alive here today.
Nothing else matters for the moment.
Such a magical connected feeling between inner and outer.
Everything is everything is good to know.