Sunday, March 10, 2019

something special

So now you’re encouraging me to continue
My practice of writing something special for you
At every stage of your life encouraging you
Expressing my love with words of sincere praise.

You’re established in a career so rewarding
Teaching children everything they need to know
So effective you get rave reviews all around
Yet not satisfied seeking greater challenges.

You model honesty in relationships
Considerate of everyone’s needs
Whoever you choose as a life partner
You’ll make sure if you can make it last.

All your life you have looked up to me
And I hope I never disappoint you
As my life is winding down yours is so alive
I am happy you are doing so well.

Now you have been places I’ve never been
And make plans perhaps to explore the world
I look forward to what the future will bring
Glad to be able to be here for you.