Sunday, November 15, 2009

caumsett november





















In the morning the road is wet.
I lie in bed and listen.
It is early Saturday morning.
I can indulge my thoughts.

I am warm under the covers.
It is good to have this quiet time.
The words come to me to share with you.
You are here with me as I type.

We two people do not know the future
But we hope we are in it together.
We are so good to each other.
We would enjoy having each other.



Sunday morning I wake up feeling so real
So solid on your firm mattress.
Our bond is strong like a tree.
We have roots and branches together.

It delights me to go on a drive with you
Heading to some nature place to explore
Talking with you about relationships
Hearing the kindness in your voice.

You don’t talk about emotions much
But I see you have exceptional emotional intelligence.
You have learned to accept our life changes
And move with them, transforming yourself.