Monday, March 11, 2024

inquisitive people

Inquisitive fits you perfectly

My thought as I listen to you

Excited to tell me the latest 

What you just learned today reading 


A book about memory formation

The word used to describe a behavior

Wanting to explore and investigate

And understand everything there is


It's not the only book you are reading

Always looking for new information

Most interested in the life sciences

Taking in daily articles and podcasts


Sending me links to keep up with it all

Reporting at dinner what got you thinking

Wanting to discuss its importance

Something I look forward to doing


In this way the headlines do not take over

Though we are quite aware of current events

There's more for us than negative news

When we add to our understanding


Yesterday we made a connection

Between a device pulsing light and sound 

And an experiment about sleep brain waves 

Clearing away cranial metabolic debris


And I imagined you in another life

As a principle investigator doing research

But for now we enjoy being able to find out 

What other inquisitive people discovered