Saturday, July 9, 2022

as you wish

As you wish for nothing special 

Just an ordinary day like any other

No gathering of friends to celebrate

No wrapped presents or candles on a cake


No dessert at all but there will be cards

And messages keeping connections

Wishing you continued health and happiness

Appreciating you for who you are


There's one thing that has never changed

Across all the years and places and people

Always speaking with kindness and respect

You find a way to do the right thing 


I do not forget what that means to me

How you bring out my better self

How you hold things together under duress

How you embrace our life together 


And so I take this opportunity to sing your praises 

To give something of myself to you

Who shares my life being the perfect companion

As my way to show my love for you