Wednesday, February 9, 2022

thanks to my immune system

Thinking back on what I did to my body

All those years compulsively smoking and drinking

All the fast food fries and sweet treats binges

All the time stressed out short on sleep hours


Awash in the pervasive environmental toxins

Breathing the noxious fumes industrialization emits

Drinking the harmful pollution leached into our water

Eating all the poisons contaminating our food supply


Thanks to my immune system I'm alive today

And I do what I can to take good care of it

Since my cancer needed surgery and radiation

Making health a priority got my full attention


Giving my cells and biome the nutrition they need

With a plant based diet of unprocessed food

Exercising to get the blood and lymph flowing

To transport the immune cells where they need to be


Availing myself of whatever vaccines are developed

To proactively train the adaptive immune system

Finding ways to relax and release tension build up

To let my immune system rest and recover


To have a quiet routine before going to sleep

Early enough to bed to wake up refreshed

Having learned to take better care of myself

To have a chance to enjoy this life awhile longer