Tuesday, July 28, 2009

second self




I think you are my second self.
We laugh about all the little twin behaviors
So many the same almost like we were cloned.
Even more I marvel at the large questions agreement.

I want to make the world a better place
Starting with how I treat the people in my life
While opposing injustice anywhere
And defending all life on our planet.

You have lived a life dedicated to the struggle
Against oppression, for liberation.
You have walked the walk while others merely talk.
You have been an exemplary comrade.

You are completely honest and direct.
You don’t hold back secrets.
A conversation between us feels as true
As a conversation with myself.

We share a systems view of things.
We take in information with an open mind.
We analyze complex interactions
And solve problems through understanding.

Part of me loves domestic life, nurturing, children.
Part of you is a no nonsense woman of the world.
We are male and female both
Incorporated into a complete person.

I embrace the part of you that is male
Even as I desire your female form.
I’m in tune with your female responses
Even as I lift you off your feet.

You are my ideal companion.
You complement me in every way.
We found each other by good fortune.
We hold each other now with certainty.