Wednesday, September 2, 2026

the masterpiece of a lifetime

Inspired by the poems I sent

She composed the masterpiece of a lifetime

By her own telling as I heard today

Talking on the telephone


Free verse I will never see

Because it was like a conversation

She had with herself not written down

But I enjoyed hearing the story


Saying the words came together easily

As she looked up at the sky

Flowing forth with articulate thoughts

In response to what I had shared


At one hundred and one and a half

She is herself the living breathing masterpiece

A treasure trove of memories

Infused with the wisdom of her years


Someone who is a delight to talk with

Kind of amazing she is still with us

Living independently by herself

At ease with whatever comes next


It would be nice to have her poem

But what I like most is her presence

Animated and effervescent

Sharing her outlook on life