Wednesday, March 22, 2023

the embargo

I don't like this waiting around 

Keeping the information under wraps

But it's not for me to break the news

Because it's not about me


I don't have the patience for being on hold

Whether writing words or computer code

I feel a great urge to publish immediately

As soon as the construct is complete


But that's not how I am otherwise 

Considering my ability to relax

When stuck in traffic or otherwise delayed

Able to remain calm and unperturbed


I think it's about being told to be mute

Not being allowed to speak

That makes me feel this way

Still gripped by a childhood hurt


But it has a flip side like everything

Having developed my adult voice

Being able to freely write whatever I want

Putting it out there in my own words


Knowing this embargo will end soon 

On this just one sensitive item

There's no need to hold back anything else 

Letting the block be released