Wednesday, October 28, 2020

keeping count

We are counting down the days again

Waiting to leave this cold gray weather behind

Looking ahead to months of warm sunny walks

Ready to make our seasonal migration south 


And we keep count of our time together as a couple 

Not that official events are the be all and end all

We do mark the day our pairing went on record 

Even as our love continues to grow with the years 


I hear your tone of voice when you speak to me

And I know you are happy in our shared life 

And nothing else really matters as much to me

Remembering when you first said what you knew 


Relationships are important you declared 

And we both know from experience what it takes 

For two people to count on each other 

To be there listening and giving support 


There are many personal achievements

You and I can count up to our credit 

Solving problems and improving people's lives 

But my greatest satisfaction of all is in being us