Wednesday, September 12, 2012

consciousness


We make each other conscious with words
Naming what we experience.
You look and listen and tell me.
You make me aware of things I do not notice.

I take pictures to show you
What I see to share without words.
There are forms without names there.
The geometry of nature pleases me.

There is a vocabulary of awareness
That expands my consciousness and yours
As we talk about what’s going on
Between us and around us.

We become fully conscious as we learn to speak
To hear the words convey information
To begin to incorporate what others know
To be a part of the collective consciousness.

The more you learn the more you can teach
Though some things must be learned first hand.
The longer you live the more you can know
Wisdom sometimes means say nothing.